Master of Theology
The Master of Theology (Th.M.) is an extension program of Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program, designed to equip the students with scholarly competency and professional teaching skills in the area of biblical and theological studies. 52-unit requires one calendar year of full-time study, or may be completed over a longer period, up to a maximum of four years without special permission from the director.
Master of Theology Program Objectives
In the context of Olivet University's mission, completion of the Master of Theology program will enable students to:
- Mature in Christ-like attitude through affirmative engagement with his Word in a context of Christian community
- Incorporate advanced study and research skills in the area of their specialization
- Utilize the Biblical languages of Greek and Hebrew in the pursuit of Biblical and theological knowledge
- Be prepared for higher studies, especially at the doctorate level.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, demonstrating superior academic ability in a first theological degree (M.Div., M.A. in Theology with a concentration in biblical studies and theology, or the equivalent from an accredited school), with a cumulative graduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or the equivalent according to the institution's grading norms.
Note: students with a degree from a state approved, or nonaccredited institution are encouraged to apply and ask for a transcript evaluation to determine whether conditional admission is possible.
- Those whose native language is not English may elect to submit TOEFL score of 250 (or 600 on paper test). The score must be obtained no later than five years prior to the date of application.
- At least two letters of recommendations (at least one from an EAPC pastor and one from a professor)
- Sign the Olivet University's Statement of Faith
- Submit the Olivet University's application form along with $100 application fee.
The Master of Theology degree is designed as one-year extension to the Master of Divinity program. Except under extenuating circumstances, all requirements for the degree must be completed within four years of the date of enrollment. Students who have not completed the requirements within the four-year period must petition for extension to remain in the program.
- Complete 52 units on the graduate level.
- Satisfy degree requirement for your concentration, including the language requirements
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Complete Th.M. Thesis and oral defense
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the university.