Undergraduate Requirements and Procedures
Undergraduate Application Checklist
Olivet University will consider the student's entire application during the admissions process. We will evaluate the student's character and potential for excellence in their desired program of study by examining all parts of their application, including grades, awards, statement of personal testimony, personal statement, pastor and teacher recommendations, employment, extracurricular activities, etc.
We take great care to review every application thoroughly. We pay closest attention to your:
- Secondary/postsecondary school transcript(s)
- Quality of writing, as demonstrated in your essay
- Character and extra-/co-curricular involvements and talents as described in pastor and other evaluations, and your essay.
Your academic transcript receives the greatest weight. The rigor of the courses you have taken, the quality of your grades and the consistency with which you've worked over the course of your academic career provide us with the clearest indication of how well you will perform academically at Olivet University. Essays also play an important role in helping us to evaluate you compared to other students. Aspects of your character, as evinced by recommendations, the personal essay, and extra and co-curricular talent and pursuits help admission officers draw important distinctions among potential students.
- Complete the online OU Common Application (http://apply.olivetuniversity.edu). Be sure to include:
- A written statement describing personal faith in Jesus Christ as it relates to a Christian conversion experience and/or development in Christian character.
- In your Admissions Application, please specify whether you would like to study on the main campus or at one of OU's extension campuses.
- Complete the OU Supplement to the Common Application.
- Complete your portion (top) of the Undergraduate Recommendation Form and give it to your pastor, preferably from the Evangelical Assembly of Presbyterian Churches (EAPC).
- Complete your portion (top) of the Undergraduate Recommendation Form and give it to a teacher or to someone who can comment on your professional and educational goals and potential, such as an educational supervisor.
- Request that your official secondary/postsecondary school transcripts be sent from the school(s) attended directly to OU. High school and/or college transcripts or General Education Development (G.E.D.) scores must be sent to the Admissions Office, 1025 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. High school transcripts should show class rank (if available), date of graduation, grade point average, and all courses taken. All transcripts must be sent directly from the school attended to Olivet University. Personal copies are not official. Home school applicants are also welcome, though home school applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit a signed copy of the Olivet University's Statement of Faith.
- Ensure that you have a valid identification card, driver's license or passport.
- If you are applying for financial aid, you must submit your Financial Aid application.
- Pay the non-refundable OU Common Application Fee