We believe that lifelong learning takes place in and outside the classroom, which is why the University makes a strong effort to provide students with opportunities to gain professional experience working in their fields while enrolled at OTCS. Students within OTCS will come across diverse ministry opportunities during the course of their studies, and we encourage everyone to benefit from them.
An internship is an educational experience in an environment providing field application of a student's theoretical classroom learning. The Ministry Practice is arranged for students who wish to undertake a study involving both academic and applied experience.
The Ministry Practice assists students in obtaining the best internship experience possible and to prepare them for a career in ministry. It is designed to give students a comprehensive practical experience.
The objectives of Ministry Practice are:
- Contribute to the professional development of the student through collaboration with professionals.
- Allow students to gain firsthand knowledge and understanding of their field, including the structures and skill-sets which affect them.
- Benefit ministries by offering unique work/learn opportunities to future professionals.
- Test the students' interests and desires for a career in their chosen field.
- Provide an opportunity for the students to apply classroom concepts in a practical setting through involvement on a variety of designated assignments.
- Develop professionalism, techniques, and skills